Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Day 478 - Motivation and self-will pt8

Artwork by JIM DORAN - thanks Jim for your sense of humor!


I continue this series which started with these posts:

Day 471 - Motivation and self-will pt1

Day 472 - Motivation and self-will pt2

and already dealt with the Fear dimension in these posts:

Day 473 - Motivation and self-will pt3

Day 474 - Motivation and self-will pt4

and the thought dimension:


Day 475 - Motivation and self-will pt5


then the imagination dimension

Day 476 - Motivation and self-will pt6


Day 477 - Motivation and self-will pt7



Here comes the backchat dimension:


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to allow backchat, the voice in my head, to tell me that if I do XYZ then I can get to my goal and then I feel better about myself. 


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to allow backchat to dictate how I move myself in physical reality, where I pursue some task with more vigour and enthusiasm and others with little or none because the voice in my head is giving me negative feedback on those tasks. 


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to listen to the voice in my head, in that I reason with myself, saying that if I do this and that then I will reap the (specific) benefits from it, and therefore I motivate myself based on this justification, hope, and desire which is coming from my mind and is creating expectation within me.


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have a dialog in my head where one side argues for taking on a particular activity and doing it, and the other side argues against doing it, listing reasons why this is not a good idea and so I end up believing one or the other. 


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to allow the voice of enthusiasm, or the voice of boredom in my head, and thus have constructed relationships with tasks that I either classify as boring or as exciting. 


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that the voices in my head are stronger than my will to move myself in common sense. 


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to allow my attention to drift into my mind when I am at the starting point of a task, where the decision about the task is then coming from my mind and preprogrammed behaviour instead of me directing myself in awareness.


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to struggle with tasks that I have given a negative 'voice' where at any point I can stop them and do something else because the voice in my head is determining the course of events instead of me directing myself. 




1 comments:

 
Copyright © . Is life possible without the mind? - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger