Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day 461 - Justifications and professional survival pt3



Commitment statements on Day 459

When and as I believe that a relationship with a colleague is beneficial for me and that I need to pursue it further, I stop and breathe, I first look at the relationship and consider how I relate to the individual already, and then I make a decision in how my relationship with the person can create a mutual benefit or what I can offer in the relationship that might be of value to the other. commit myself to identify the value that I can bring to the relationship and focus on a mutual gain so that the relationship is best for all. 

When and as I believe that my relationship with another colleague is the only way that I can grow professionally, I stop and breathe and realise that with this type of belief I set myself up for obsessive thinking and acting. I commit myself to move myself from within myself to learn new material that will further my professional growth, and if a relationship with a colleague provides potential for growth, I will incorporate the relationship but will stop relying on the relationship as my main focus in these matters. 

When and as I encounter a conflict situation between my lab and the faculty, I stop and breathe, I stop taking responsibility for the entire situation and remain within myself. I realise that what happened in the lab/faculity cannot be undone and I relealise that although I am associated with the lab I am not the one who has to fix it. I realise further that the desire to fix it and to give advise in how to go about it is a related pattern with my family where I took on the responsibility to create peace between my parents

When and as I experience myself in resentment because I do not want to face the situation that I believe i inherited, I stop and breathe, I realise that I have created a belief in the mind where I can only see a disadvantage, rather than looking at the situation as is and realising that all situations bring opportunities. I therefore stop going into the situation further and using my imagination to 'paint' a picture, instead I stay one and equal to the situation and push myself to participate with the lab without placing expectations on the outcome so that I can use these non-achievement of these expectations to confirm my beliefs. I commit myself to stop interpreting the situation at the lab and stop creating resentment based on beliefs. 

When and as I experience fear of loss in relation to Z, I stop and breathe, I realise I want to have an easy way out where I connect to someone and through this person I get the type of research funding I am interested in - I realise that this is a total construct of the mind with no relationship to reality because no personal relationship is a guarantee to receive funding for research - the fact is that all researchers struggle to get their proposals accepted and even knowledge, experience and information bears no safety net in these matters. Therefore, i commit myself to stop fearing loss of something that is a total illusion because I realise it's just a program running where I abdicate my responsibility. I commit myself to take responsibility for my own research funding and become the collaborator I would like to have in learning the ropes of writing proposals and getting them successfully funded. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Is life possible without the mind? - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger