Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 396 - A room with a view pt2




In my last post I wrote about approaching my room search from the memories of having moved a lot in my life, and having grown weary because many of the experiences I have had with rentalliving have been negative. Meanwhile there have been some developments and I have found two places, one for the first month and the other for the remaining months until I move together with my partner into a 'real' apartment. I realise that what is coming is a big change and I must continue to stand strong on this point.


Commitment statements from the previous post:

I commit myself to not let this transition period become an excuse for me to fall back on my memories and fear what I may encounter with changing living situation.

If and when I want to go into my memory and anticipate the worst case scenario, I stop and breathe, I commit myself to take the situation fresh - from here - in how it presents itself and look at all aspects in common sense.

If and when I hesitate about what to do next and how to manage all the logistics of my move, I stop and breathe, I realise that there is always a common sense practical solution and I can get to that solution if I stay here breathing.

I commit myself to breathe through the problems and approach each problem one step and one breath at the time.

If and and when I allow myself to go into anxiety, I stop and breathe, I realise that this is a cool indicator for me to see that I have lost touch with reality and I just bring myself back and continue. 


I commit myself to continuously bring myself back and do not participate in the scenes that unfold in my head all having to do with moving house.

----

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to, for a moment, worry about things I can and cannot do in my new environment, that I have habitually done in my current home, I stop myself and realise that I am spinning these thoughts in my mind and that I actually cannot know how they play out in physical reality and therefore I will not participate in an imaginary planning effort when I do not have a the full reality of the place and if and when I have the full reality of the place I'll be sure to physically map out my activities.

If and when I start to fret about losing access to this or that activity that I do habitually, i stop and breathe, I realise that I trap myself and thus will not engage myself in planning activities of my daily life until I have a concrete idea of the place and do not rely on my imagination.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Is life possible without the mind? - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger