Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 378 - The paranoia of respect part5




In this blog post I am adding the self-commitment statements to the self-forgiveness statements I wrote in the previous post. The situational perspective on the topic is described on day 374.

If and when I allow myself to use the point of respect to go into inferiority or superiority through comparison, I stop and breathe, I realise that by allowing myself to do so, I also allow all elements of this economic world system to exist because through respect we are keeping the hierarchies in tact and, moreover, all inequalities in every facet of society. Thus, I commit myself to start with myself eliminating the behaviours that are upheld by respect and act in common sense in how i conduct myself in my daily life.

If and when I want to trigger behaviours linked to "respect" by using age, status and degrees, I stop and breathe, I realise that I have trained myself to believe the illusion of respect through these triggers and I stop myself from continuing to do so. I commit myself to stop creating the illusion of respect through the various "symbolic" references such as age, status and degrees. 

If and when I encounter a child and strike up a conversation where the child is asking me questions and i feel inclined to approach the child and the question in the standard manner, I stop and breathe, and treat the child as an equal by answering him or her in self-honesty. I commit myself to respond to children in self-honesty in simple words and stop all expectations in relation to this move. 

If and when I believe that I must control how another deals with the point of respect, I stop and breathe, I realise that this is me still wanting to uphold the system in some way and looking for justifications to do so. I commit myself to stop all control regarding respect and do not "interfere" with someone else' use of respect, I focus on my own relationship with it. 

If and when I want to judge others in their relation to respect/disrespect, I stop and breathe, I realise that this is how I keep myself trapped within respect because I divert myself from my own conduct. I commit myself to - in the moment when I want to judge - to stop myself. 

If and when I create anxiety within myself about my social conduct and respecting the social rules, I stop and breathe, I realise that I create an illusion where I speculate within me what is going on in others. I commit myself to not allow myself to go into anxiety, and stop and breathe and ask myself "how do I conduct myself in common sense here?" and thus act upon my answer. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Is life possible without the mind? - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger