Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 367 - Requirements for life on earth: land for all pt1



In next two posts I am looking at the Equal Right to Land as it is described in the Human Rights of the Equal Life Foundation. The way we have organised ourselves around land, property and architecture is indicative of the polarisation that we live daily across all aspects of societal life. But again, we have the power to change ourselves and reflect these changes through the equal distribution of land to all: 


The sixth Human Right:


6. An Equal Land Right that places every living being on the land they choose to call their home, where living bodies walk upon the soil from which their lives are nourished and sustained, that provides both security and sustenance, that engages with the animal and plant kingdoms in interactive concert that becomes harmonious with the life force of all beings and all of life equal as one.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have made the need for shelter and land, a necessity that concerns all equally, a resource for exploitation where I/we created abuse and suffering in turning the necessity for survival into a profit making endeavour, and by doing so have created wasteland all over the planet.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to create a world of interaction between my immediate habitat and that of other beings without any regard for the impact I/we have on the ecosystem because all human actions are centred on the human, which has prevented me/us from understanding the relations between mine/our actions and the consequences upon the land that have turned large parts of earth into inhabitable environments for humans and animals alike.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to see the role of architecture as limited, focussed on presentation to perpetuate our self-gratification and self-glorification in our quest of dominion over nature, and then manipulate this truth by portraying these limitations as 'additions' to our cultural heritage. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have accepted that land can be 'taken/owned/appropriated' to create whatever I/we desire without giving any consideration towards the creation of a synergetic existence with the other life forms that naturally occupy the land because I/we have not allowed myself/ourselves to share the resources of earth equally with all life forms. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created dense living spaces in form of cities that diminish the quality of life for every human as well as all other life forms - and not acknowledging that these cities only exist because follow the belief that we need to be "where the money is".






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Is life possible without the mind? - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger