Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 365 - Requirements for life on earth: the Right to effective education pt1




In this post I look at the Right to education as stated in the fifth HUMAN RIGHT by the Equal Life Foundation. If we look at the current educational system, we can see by the result of our education the kind of world we have created -  a world, that seeks to value education only from one perspective namely to get into a position to make money. Education is the means we use to create a competitive edge and by doing so we have abandoned and neglected -  to the point of destruction - our habitat because in the process of focussing our money-making endeavours, the creation and consumption of products and services, we have misused knowledge and victimised all living beings. Furthermore, we have enabled only a fraction of all people to access education because education in and of itself is a product/service that is being consumed and requires money to do so - thus no money, no education.


5. An Equal Education Right that supports every individual in his or her pursuit of excellence and fulfillment of potential, supporting intellectual development and practical applications thereof to contribute their lives as relevant to a sustainable Earth that enhances Life for all participants.


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have made education a product of consumption that is only accessible to a few and thus have misused knowledge and information to serve the creation of money instead of a world that is best for all.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have ignored the fact that others cannot obtain education, yet I have taken my access to education for granted, without considering the role of education in the current system, and how it can be transformed to make education available for all, beginning with an Equal Right to Education as stated by the ELF.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have studied in the educational system not because I wanted to use the knowledge and information in ways that contribute to 'a sustainable Earth that enhances Life for all participants' but as a way to create a competitive edge for myself and to be in a superior position that reinforces my ego and perception of myself as being special.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Is life possible without the mind? - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger