Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 316 - My desire for simplicity is really a corporate policy - The Imagination pt1




For more in-depth context of this series of blog posts, please read day 311


The problem in summary: 

I define a singular focus in my life which I use to justify my tendency to exclude myself from activities that are not linked to potentially making money  - therefore simplifying my life by constraining it to a few time consuming activities that become the pretext for me to avoid dealing with the complexity of life. At the same time believing that this one focus is an enabler for me to excel in one area and secure my place in society. 



The imagination dimension - the solution:

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to imagine to live a life elsewhere, somewhere in nature far away from the hustle and bustle I encounter daily, where I have minimal contact with civilisation and most of my daily living entails nature and animals whereby I romanticise and idylise this kind of environment as the better place to be in life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have idealised the life of monks and nuns because of the sheltered existence that is available to these people and the simplicity of living a 'stripped-down' and dedicated life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to imagine that I am close to living such a life by re-focussing my priorities and creating new context for my life where I could pursue such an idealised life style.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to imagine a life close to nature in a warm climate which will present less demands on me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to imagine that a life close to nature allow me to leave the consumer society, where I do not realise that I am the one, along with everyone else, who has created this consumer society.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to imagine that I can become what I want to be in an environment that is close to nature, where I can unfold myself in the simplicity of life.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Is life possible without the mind? - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger