Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 305 - Remembering Numbers Versus Names pt4





In this series that started on day 302, prompted by my dad, I investigate my belief that "I can remember numbers really well, but names escape me". I realised that on the basis of my dad having this belief I copied it and programmed myself to do, to be, the same. In this post I am working through the backchat dimension of both polarities.

Backchat Dimension - Names


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that names are hard and difficult to remember and that too many names are too complicated.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I have to see the name written first and then I will remember it more easily.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have a thought in my mind “oh I don’t remember this person’s name”

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have a thought “I wish I could remember names like she/he does”

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have a thought “how can I address this person? I’ve got to find out his/her name without him/her noticing it”

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have a thought “Omg, I will never remember this name and he/she speaks way too fast”

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have a thought “I wish I could ask him/her to repeat that name, but I think it’s too impolite”

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have a thought “next time I will read that name very carefully and then I will remember it”

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have a thought “I wonder if pronounce her/his name correctly - I would not want to say the wrong way in front of her/his face”

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have a thought “people like it when you call them by their name, too bad I mostly don’t remember names of people I have recently met”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Is life possible without the mind? - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger