Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 302 - Remembering Numbers Versus Names pt1




Problem:
Today, I was talking with my father over the phone. At some point in response to an arrangement with me he said: "you know I cannot remember the names, they go off in smoke before I can keep them in my head, numbers on the other hand I can remember very well".

I always wondered why it is so difficult for me to remember names but rather easy to remember numbers. When I was a young person, I used to remember every telephone number. Still to this day, it's rather easy for me to remember all kinds of numbers. I am quite thrilled, not in an energetic way, but rather from a point of relief, that this pattern revealed itself and I get to walk it now.

Thus, I am now ending this pattern of being an ace in remembering numbers but crap in remembering names. I am disconnecting the relationship with this pattern, and I remain.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to program myself with the belief that it is easy for me to remember any number(s) and difficult for me to remember names.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear situations where I need to remember names because I have programmed myself to believe that I cannot remember names well.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear reading names that I need to remember and because I fear this, I glance over the letters or the sound of a name completely in the fog of my mind so that I cannot see or hear the name and therefore remain true to my belief.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that none of my techniques for learning names has worked in the past and will never work for me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that I am in a situation where I need to remember someone's name and I fail to do so.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear remembering names and have therefore justified the utility of remembering numbers because remembering numbers comes easy.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear remembering names and therefore try to hide myself from situations where I have to remember names because I fear failure.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear remembering names and feel embarrassed when I am in a situation where I don't recall someone's name.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear remembering names and have often considered this a personal handicap, never realising that this is 'just' a program which is not real and I can stop it.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear remembering names and have blamed my mother for it because of the way she has taught me language.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear language because I have programmed myself with the belief that I cannot remember names well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Is life possible without the mind? - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger