Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 283 - Facial Feedback Loops pt 1



Problem:

When I am in situations where I am new to the context and the people, specifically the people, I react by reading someone's face, that is, my level of security or insecurity rises depending on how I interpret another's facial expression when they are in conversation with me. When I consider this fact I am quite amazed on the obvious assumptions that are being made here - how could I possibly know or understand someone else' facial expression when I am not even aware of my own facial expressions. Granted, there is plenty of research that says that we are able to interpret emotional states, however I still see that each individual interprets facial expression relative to themselves and the programs they allow to 'feed of' from the interpretation. This is obviously a feedback loop to avoid to take self-responsiblity and act within self-trust. I have to learn to interact without orienting myself on my external world.


Solution:

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I know someone else' face and facial expression.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I can make assessments of someone else' facial expression to which I should and must tune myself in my reactions.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that people actually understand each other.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the negative facial expression states of others.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to give my power away and let someone else determine how I feel inside of myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear others and therefore make my default reaction to another's facial expression self-diminishing.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that I will embarrass myself if I don't read another's facial expression correctly.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that my conversation partner will not accept me and thus I monitor the facial expression to gauge my answers.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the other person as unknown entity which may present a potential harm in someway and therefore I have programmed to react by reading another's facial expression, and find security in my interpretations. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Is life possible without the mind? - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger