Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 229, 2012 Civic pride, or how to conduct myself in shared public or semi-public spaces 5


Commitment statements for the Backchat and Reaction Dimension

If and when I have backchat about the neighbours and the owner of the house about their carelessness regarding the common space, I stop and breathe, I realise that I can stop myself from backchatting and making constructive suggestion about the problem. I commit myself to look for a solution that I can communicate to my neighbours and landlord and stop all backchat on this point.

If and when I have backchat about the way the trash collection is handled in the city, I stop and breathe, and realise that I am not informed about the details of the trash collection, and that I can inquire and make suggestions for a change. However, in first place, it's about me taking responsibility for my backchat and either invest myself to find out more/make suggestion or leave the topic alone and stop any and all self-righteous behaviour on this point.

If and when I have backchat about society being disposable, I stop myself and breathe - I realise I am the society that I am blaming. I look at my behaviour in the first place and look at what I need to change to stop that which I point fingers to. I commit myself to investigate my "disposable behaviour" towards the environment and the excuses I make for doing so.

If and when I have backchat about people only caring about stuff they own I first stop my backchat and breathe, and in the second instance I investigate my relationship to the things I own and the things I don't own - I commit myself to stop all neglect in relation to the differentiation between the things I own and things I don't and within that I learn to treat things equally no matter who owns them.

If and when I have backchat about there being nowhere to go, where I can identify myself with the level of civic pride I wish to experience regarding the environment and infrastructure, I stop myself and breathe and realise that walking this process towards an equal money system is exactly what is needed to create an environment that is best for all. I commit myself to the creation of an equal money system.

If and when I have backchat about humans spending too much time in the virtual world and not enough time in the physical world, I bring this point back to self and start to better balance the two worlds - I stop all backchat and breathe. I commit myself to honour both worlds equally.

If and when I have backchat about humans caring about society only if it's for profit I look at my own life and realise where I am motivated by reward or compensation and do not apply myself out of principle. I commit myself to stop my backchat and breathe.

Reaction

If and when I feel compelled to act make a situation "right" e.g. picking up bottles, I stop myself and breathe and assess the situation from the starting point of what is best for all. I commit myself to stop cleaning up after others as automated behaviour.

If and when I react in anger to another's trash/carelessness infringe on my living space, I stop and breathe and look at the solution in common sense. I commit myself to stop all anger and do what needs to be done to create a situation that is best for all, including myself.

If and when I suppress myself I stop and breathe and focus on presenting a solution to the problem. I commit myself to stop all fear and act in common sense.

If and when I react from a place of self-righteousness I stop and breathe. I realise that this is feeding my ego which I am committing myself to stop. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Is life possible without the mind? - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger