Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 228, 2012 Civic pride, or how to conduct myself in shared public or semi-public spaces 4




I continue on this topic which I started on day 225. Here comes the backchat and reaction dimension.


 Backchat

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have backchat about my neighbours and the owners of the house because I perceive them as not caring about the environment, or even taking their responsibility as citizens seriously.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have backchat about how the city takes care of everyone's trash and that this is badly organised.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have backchat about us having created the "disposable" society where plastic packaging reigns our daily life and useless trinkets that are made in china fill up the lands.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have backchat about people not caring what their city looks like because it's all about ownership and only when one owns any 'thing' then it has importance.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have backchat about there being nowhere where I can identify myself with the surroundings.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have backchat about the hailing of our virtual world and the neglect of our physical world.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have backchat about us decorating the environment for special occasions such christmas as long as money can be made.



Reaction

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react by wanting to straighten out the situation through applying myself towards a cleaner environment.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react by getting angry towards others who do not act in a similar manner.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react in anger when other's trash infringes on my living space.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react by suppressing myself instead of gentle speak up how to improve the conditions of my surroundings.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react by "doing it myself" in the belief that it will improve the situation.


Next up self-commitment statements 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Is life possible without the mind? - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger