Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 114, 2012 The 'WTF' character: education and corporations



When I watched the video called “Which CEO made $5 million stealing your kid’s lunch money?" I had a strong reaction because I have now seen a few videos like this one, and have also lived through the re-organisation of a department at a big university, where the university was turned into a business pushing many academics out and creating incentives for overseas students because they pay a much higher fee than local students. What I reacted to is the inevitable development of the educational system where children are increasingly corporatised, and the age from which this process starts is increasingly younger. 

This phenomenon of universities/schools selling out to become businesses where students are clients who ‘buy’ education is not justifying the old system of education, being mostly government, or privately funded, as the better or a more worthwhile system. What this exemplifies to me is that increasingly opportunities for education are reduced, only to be attainable for the rich and who isn’t rich can’t participate in the educational game to the extend that their chances to have the skills to survive in the world as adults is slowly but surely eliminated.  

In addition, corporate education is purely based on money and performance, it therefore circumvents teachers and creates lots of virtual interaction of students with machines. This is not to say that digital technologies are not useful in education, they can be extremely useful but in this context they are used to abuse.  

This means that children who are not able to participate in the educational system will have fewer and fewer tools at their disposal, to understand what is happening in the world, and even to be able to reflect on themselves in what they are accepting and allowing. It will persistently increase the group of marginalised adults throughout the world, and surely a more abusive world than what it already is. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to point fingers in blame to corporation for what is currently happening globally to education.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think and belief that what is happening now to education is unexpected, not realising that when looking at the bigger picture of the global financial system, this is the consequence of what I have allowed and accepted the world to be. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to experience myself outraged about the educational developments when I recall that my own early education as it was imprinted by the predominate political players in the country I lived in, which is comparable to how corporate society is exploiting and imprinting today’s schools and universities. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to pretend that I really care about children and their education but have never seen it necessary to change myself to change the world, as I have never seen my participation in this world as ‘significant’ and thus have justified not taking responsibility. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have never investigated what an alternative approach to education would look like, and thus would have focussed on the solution, instead of experiencing myself ‘up in arms’, yet I did not because I am afraid to admit to myself that essentially education has to be completely changed through changing the financial system. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have reacted emotionally to the developments in the educational system because I believe that children are innocent and that they need to be protected instead of realising the recycling nature of nature where humans are included, and that no being/life form is an island regardless of its physical age, as all have brought about this world together. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to experience myself as superior to children, because I believe that they need my help never considering that maybe I need the help of children.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have, as all have, who are involved in education created a ‘teaching’ character who operates on knowledge and not as life. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not have realised the connection between abused children and abusive adults, and that only if the abuse is stopped and children are taught to live a life that is best for all will humanity ever ‘produce’ adults that truly care about planet earth.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to promote nothing but self-interest in schools and education and use and abuse knowledge as the vehicle to do so. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have experienced myself as the “I give up” character because whenever I had the opportunity to influence the educational system ‘ever so slightly’, I chose not to bother because I knew it was not possible to make a big leap, and have thus acted as the “I give up” character instead of standing one and equal to my involvement with the system. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not have gotten involved with education when I was able to lay down my professional tracks because I cared only about my self-interest regarding my preferences of research topics, rather than getting involved with what is necessary to be addressed directly within the educational system.  

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have equally participated in corrupting children as a 'market segment' by participating in this system, and never taking responsibility for standing up as self but conveniently raising my voice for a two -minute outrage and then to go back to my ways after I was done.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have often considered that I would not want to be child in the world today, because of the proliferation of abuse and 'use' of children in all facets of life. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to reduce the problem of education to the ‘WTF’ character. 

I commit myself to move myself to change myself so that I can stand as point of change and support all who are supporting themselves in bringing about a new financial system which is based on the principles of equality and what is best for all, and is the very foundation for the creation of an educational system that teaches from the starting point of the value of life. 

I commit myself to stand equal to the WTF character so that I can stop it because I realise that outrage and anger are part of the justification not to take responsibility for this world.

I commit myself to stop being the polarisation between children and adults and learn to be an equal to children, where I stop judging others based on their learned skill, whereby I realise that learned skills such as language and mathematics are the ingredients of the continual cycle of self-interest that is recreated with each generation, and are not skills supportive of life. 

I commit myself to understand and accept that I am equally responsible in the corporatisation of schools and universities, and that a change to this system starts with me walking my process. 

I commit myself to stop the “I give up” character and realise that accepting the system as me is the starting point for change. 

I commit myself to walk myself out of my mind so that I can be part of the change of the world and the end of self-interest as the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Is life possible without the mind? - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger